Friday, July 22, 2011

Staycation Day 5 - Hitting the Beach!

Friday was a staycation day in our 'hood, the Beach! After a morning visit to my new preschool (Bowmore, I'll be going there full-time soon!), we had lunch at home and woke up to take a wagon walk down to the Beach!!!! Both Violet and I have never stood on the beach before, so we stood in the sand near the water's edge to see what it was like. I found it a little scary, especially when the waves started getting stronger and coming closer......but when it was calmer, I loved standing there digging my feet in the sand. Vila preferred Daddy's arms! We walked up through KEW Gardens, where the Jazz Fest was going on, and stopped to listen to some latin music and a big band (with a little waltzing with Mummy and Daddy). Then off to dinner at one of our fave spots - the Green Eggplant. I got my own grilled cheese, as did Violet. After dinner, since it was vacation, we went to Baskin Robbins for a special treat ---- cotton candy pink & purple ice cream!!!! Mmmmm! And then right next door to us as part of the street festival was a bubble seller --- and lucky us, Mummy bought us a bubble gun! She sprayed us up and down as we took the wagon back to our car to drive home.....we were laughing! And we got balloon flowers from the balloon man too - aren't we lucky?! It was another great staycation day for us!!!! And it's only Friday.....so the weekend to go to continue our staycation....woo hoo! Love to all, Audrey & Violet xoxo








No comments: