Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Staycation Day 2 - Centreville, not my cup of tea!

On Tuesday of our staycation, we went to Centreville. But I wasn't really feeling the joy - lots of new rides and new things and sometimes, I'd just rather stay in my comfort zone! Hence, the picture above kind of represents my mood on 80% of our trip! Nevertheless, it's good to try things (as Mummy and Daddy say). We went across to the island on "Sherry the Ferry" - Violet loved looking out the window, but I preferred to stay crawled up on Mummy's lap. When we go across to the island, we went on an antique car ride ---- all of us got in one car, but I was still crying and a little scared, as you may be able to tell from this pic on Mummy's iPhone! Violet was having a much better time though - and she REALLY loved the Centreville mini-train, look at her giggling with Mummy! And she also enjoyed walking (wa-wa) all over with Daddy. After eating a fast lunch of cold fries and hot dog (and trying to contain a very squirmy, crying Vila at this point too!), we decided to head across the bridge to Franklin's Cihldren Garden. I got to sit with Franklin in the garden!!! Then we went by the splash pad where Vila totally walked around while I stayed on the sidelines, enjoying the view. Finally, we did try one more turn on the carousel and THIS time, I actually enjoyed it and cried when we got OFF, as I wanted to go again. Mummy dragged me off the cart (I didn't want to do the up & down animals yet).So, we may go again, but not for a while JUST to be sure we all enjoy ourselves, phew! xoxo Audrey & Violet

No comments: