Monday was another glorious day on our loooong weekend, so more fun outdoors for Violet and I! And this time, Nanny and Gramps came by to have some fun too. We went to our favourite park, just 5 minutes walk from our house. I brought my kite to see how it would fly......and what a great time we all had!
I discovered that I'm QUITE the kite flyer.....I didn't need help at all to fly it. Check me out in the video below, I'm practically a professional!
Gramps quite enjoyed the kite too - he marveled at the feat of engineering in my $5 kite.....and tested it out by flying the kite and getting to the END of the string. He felt very accomplished (that's his competitive streak - some say my Mummy follows suit with that!) Violet enjoyed watching me, and also hanging out at the swings, teeter-totter and slides with Nanny. It was really cute to see Violet walk up to me with Nanny and Gramps and the wagon!

Mummy and I chased each other around with the kite a little more and then we headed home for a bbq of marinated flank steak and asparagus, with warm apple pie for dessert....mmmmm. Well, actually Violet and I had nut-free cupcakes instead (thanks Nanny)- she knows we love the cake and icing! What a great way to end our long Victoria day weekend (happy birthday Queen Victoria!) - such a fun weekend of outdoor fun and summer-time like activities. And it's only May! Wow, what a great summer we have in store for us! Hope you all had a great long weekend too with sunny skies, Love Audrey and Violet xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment