Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy First Birthday To Me!!!

Yesterday we had my very first birthday party!!!! I put on my best party dress and started the day hanging out with Mummy (and giving her an Elmo Mother's Day card which she loved, plus a necklace from me!). Then my Nanny and Gramps came over, plus my Grandma and Grandpa flew in from Ottawa, and my Auntie Holly came over too! Nanny bought me a balloon and a sign for the garden, so everyone would know it's my birthday. After coming inside, we all got together and everyone gave me their letters for my time capsule (I'm going to open then when I'm 18....can you believe that?!! Wow, to think I have to wait 17 years!!!) Plus we put in a People magazine, the newspaper and a CD of songs and my hospital bracelet and other things....like the hair from my haircut. Then I went down for a nap while the grown-ups had a bbq of burgers and potato chips. When I woke up, we opened presents - I got an Elmo chair from Mummy and Daddy, a Cruise&Crawl play toy from Grandma and Grandpa and a swimming pool from my Nanny and Gramps along with lots of other fun presents. But the best had to be the homemade dolly from my Auntie Holly - it even looked like me with brown hair and blue eyes!





I also got to try my first birthday cake (wearing my crown and holding my wand) - with yummy buttercream frosting! Mummy baked it all from scratch and decorated it too - what fun, I can't wait to help her bake in years to come. We ate while watching a photo montage that Mummy had put together (she'll post that for y'all later on!)






Check out some pictures from my amazing first birthday - it was tons of fun, with cake, presents, music and all my family, I think I could do birthdays all the time!! Love to you all, have to go now as we're off to Vancouver tomorrow so I need my zzzz's tonight! Love from 1-year old Audrey!!!! xoxoxox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Audrey! I think our gift was a little delayed but hopefully you'll have it when you come back from Vancouver. Hope you like time changes better than me! love Rowan