Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Diwali Everyone!!!

Today was my 3rd Diwali, and Violet's first! I got home from daycare to find Mummy in her pretty gold embroidered shirt, and she had made us chanas (I call them little balls) and rice, cucumber salad (I only ate it once Mummy told me that cucumbers and yogurt are one of Grandpa's favourite foods), and naan (I LOVE naan!). Check out the delish dinner - we also had some samosas, from one of Grandma and Grandpa's favourite places on Gerrard Street, Mahar.
We lit the candle around the 5 Diwali coins, burned a stick of incense and said a prayer for our family, Grandma & Grandpa, Nanny & Gramps, Holly and Guy, and Chachu, Chachi and baby Jackson in Atlanta. Then it was time to eat (and I was still wearing my Diwali cat hat that Mummy bought me today)! Violet got a bit grumpy after trying some rice (it didn't agree with her!), so I made her laugh....check her out with Daddy.
After dinner, we had a special treat......sweets from Mahar! Mummy brought out a gold box full of yummy dessert.....I couldn't wait to dig in! I had some gulab, some jelabi, and some barfi.....mmmmm!

That's all for today - and here's my "Happy Dilolli" message to you all! Listen up! xoxo Audrey & Violet

No comments: