
Hey Everyone - we had a short but sweet time at Shane and Sarah's cottage this weekend! It was Violet's first trip there, and her first time out of the house since her sleep-training, but we'll get to that later. First things, let's look at the GORGEOUS lake and sunshine.....it was amazing weather and amazing scenery....and amazing friends! What more could you ask for? Check out some pics! Here's Daddy and me walking to the lake, plus Mummy and Violet on the dock:


And we took a few pics of our friends too - here's Nee and my friend McKenna, plus our awesome hosts (thank you for having us!), the Duffs, including my buddy Rowan.

And there's always a little silliness going on - check out Karen and funny Shane on the dock.

I actually liked wading in the lake this weekend - we went hunting for "dadu's" (frogs) with a net. I waded in my crocs and had quite the good time....better to do that than trying to swim in the lake (I did that on Saturday morning and I liked it as much as I did when I was 3 months old...so not very much!)


We also had some silly time rolling around on the floor with Mummy and Daddy on Saturday morning.


Now for the "illusions" part of this posting! My Mummy's friend once said it looks like we have it so together and are happy all the time, but while we strive for that, pictures and blog postings can be an illusion too! We do have some struggles sometimes, and this weekend we did have a VERY hard Friday night. Violet didn't like sleeping in a new place so she was up and down all night long crying...and since we were in the same room for part of the night, I got up too! Mummy and Daddy even put us in their bed at 5am, but it still didn't work out too well. So while we LOOKED like we had the perfect weekend from the pics above, just to all those other Mummies out there, don't worry, we all know that it can be hard at times too! We left a day early on Saturday afternoon to get Violet home to her comfortable crib.
That being said, all the sleepless nights are worth it when you get that extra-special hug from your little peanut (or peanuts) right?! And we make the most of all the good times we have - so check out the belly-baring fun with all my friends below. Good times! Hope you all had a good weekend too....xoxo Audrey & Violet
1 comment:
Oh Violet, you are a stubborn one! I hope you have returned to peaceful sleeping now that you are back in your crib.
Post a Comment