Wow, my third Canada Day, and Violet's first experience! And this year, we went on a road trip (hurray!) to Ottawa to see our Grandma and Grandpa. Daddy put a new dvd player in our car, so it was a really fun time for me on our way there - I got to watch lots of Elmo. And even Violet slept in her car seat most of the way....phew, a good drive! We put on our matching outfits and got ready for a great time - here we are out front of Grandma and Grandpa's house!
That night, we went to the pizzeria to see our cousins Tyler, Sammy and Markus (Dylan was too tired for this outing, he's only 2 weeks old after all!) Mmmm, pizza, my favourite food! We saw them all again the next morning at Uncle Shawn and Aunt Lou's home --- for a bbq and some playtime. Check out Tyler in the sprinkler and Sammy in his water shoes! As for me, I preferred to hang out with Daddy in my Mummy's sunglasses!

Then we had a visit with my GranMassi and GranChachu - they brought us lots of gifts too, we are spoiled yet thankful little girls, right Violet?! What fun I had playing with GranMassi and jumping on the bed with her and Grandma!

All too soon, it was Sunday and time for our road trip back home! A great time, and we'll be seeing Grandma and Grandpa again soon in a few weeks! Hope you all had a great Canada Day weekend too......xoxo Audrey & Violet
On Thursday, it was Canada's actual birthday. I sang "Happy Birthday Canada", and waved my new musical "O Canada" flag with Mummy, who sang along through the WHOLE song so as not to disrespect our country (her words, not mine!). I quite liked my musical O Canada flag, so Mummy ended up singing a lot!! We hung around the house with all my new toys - I got a microwave, pots and pans, a Dora table and chairs and lots of fake food.....it was like Christmas all over again! That night Mummy and Daddy went out to the movies and their favourite Chinese restaurant while we stayed with Grandma/Grandpa.
On Friday, we had friends of Grandma's to see us - check out Violet with one of her Aunties! 
And later, Mummy and Daddy took Violet and I to see the Parliament buildings - cool to see, although from the pics, it looks like Mummy and Daddy are more excited than Violet and I!
No comments:
Post a Comment