Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy 2nd "Birf-day" to Audrey!

Yes, I turned TWO on Monday May 10th!!! I'm a BIG GIRL now (I love saying that, and I love when my Mummy sings "big girls don't cry"!) For the whole week before, Mummy and Daddy were reminding me it was my birthday, so I practised singing a lot too....I'm quite good at Happy Birthday now! To celebrate, we had over my Grandma and Grandpa, Nanny and Gramps and my Auntie Holly. We had my party on Sunday, and when I got up in the morning, there was balloons and Elmo decorations in the dining room - I was pleasantly surprised!

We had a special breakfast of apple french toast casserole, and then I got LOTS of gifts!! My Mummy and Daddy got me a high chair for my dollies, plus a toy cake stand with toy cake, cupcakes, cookies and brownies....I loved it! I put Dora in the high chair and started feeding her right away, like the good little mummy that I am. I also got a magnetic dress up doll, and some sparkly beads and bangles.

After my nap, I got up and changed into my special purple polka-dot party dress....my little sis Violet had a matching outfit, yippee! Then I went downstairs to find a brand new tricycle from my Grandma and Grandpa!! We took it outside for a spin right away --- what fun to ride around!

My Nanny and Gramps showed up with a Disney Dressing Table for me....wow!! I love it - I sit on the stool and play with all the hair things and listen to the Princess in the mirror. I'm such a girly-girl, so this is perfect for me! Plus they got me a potty....but Mummy said I don't have to learn about that yet!

Auntie Holly and Guy gave me a great Disney cleaning set with a musical broom, duster, scrub brush and pail....I immediately set to work sweeping up crumbs, and everyone's feet!






After all this excitement, we had a great hamburger bbq, followed by the most awesome ELMO cake, and cupcakes!!! Mmm, it was delicious! I demolished my cupcake very quickly....so yummy, I only wish we could have them every day.


I crashed in bed very happy that night and the next day, on my actual birthday, Mummy, Daddy and I went to the Zoo (my first time!) We saw bunnies, peacocks (my fav), bunnies, giraffes, elephants and had a pizza lunch. I also got to hop around the kids lilly pads, and sit on a concrete elephant with Mummy. Phew, what a great weekend! I loved turning 2!! To finish off, here are some of the fun things about being 2 now:

* Singing - I am becoming quite a good singer, with Happy Birthday, Row Row Row Your Boat, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star being some of my best songs. I love when Mummy sings too and my recent fave is "Pink" (or as she calls it, the Rainbow Song)
* Dancing - I continue to be a great dancer, and have had a resurgence of interest in Jai Ho! Now I spin myself around until I'm dizzy! Plus I like "If You're Happy and You Know It" and the GLEE songs (Mummy put them on my playlist!)
* Eating - I can feed myself really well, but will say "Daddy Help" if needed!
* Talking - I really say a lot of words now, and sentences too....plus I copy everything Mummy and Daddy say

That's all for now - I'll blog more later for you all, but this Big Girl is tired of typing! Love to you all, Big Girl Audrey xoxoxo

No comments: