After Christmas, this is Mummy's favourite day of the year!!! It's Oscar Day, and so Mummy and Daddy made sure I was red-carpet ready. Check me out in my black velvet pants and pink sparkle top with matching black velvet headband! And of course, holding my Oscar ballot! Then we had to wait all day for the Oscars to start, so while Mummy cooked, Daddy and I rolled around on the floor, practiced standing (I can do it! All by myself, holding onto the couch - a first!) and then after all that hard work, Daddy and I chilled on the couch - see? Later, Mummy put out a feast of movie-themed finger foods for her, Daddy and Auntie Holly --- stuffed button mushrooms (Benjamin Button), mini-meatloaf sandwiches (Frost/Nixon), samosas (Slumdog) and milkshakes (Milk) plus german chocolate brownies (The Reader)!! What a spread, although I was in bed as it was past my bedtime. And as a final signoff, Mummy wants me to tell you all that she won our home Oscar ballot - 15 out of 24 right (Daddy came in second with 13 correct, and then Auntie Holly with 11). Oh yeah, and Slumdog won!!! Yippee - and even my favourite dancing song Jai Ho won too - we'll be dancing to that today to celebrate! Have a great post-Oscar Monday everyone! Love to you all, red-Monday, February 23, 2009
Red-Carpet Ready For My First Oscars!!
After Christmas, this is Mummy's favourite day of the year!!! It's Oscar Day, and so Mummy and Daddy made sure I was red-carpet ready. Check me out in my black velvet pants and pink sparkle top with matching black velvet headband! And of course, holding my Oscar ballot! Then we had to wait all day for the Oscars to start, so while Mummy cooked, Daddy and I rolled around on the floor, practiced standing (I can do it! All by myself, holding onto the couch - a first!) and then after all that hard work, Daddy and I chilled on the couch - see? Later, Mummy put out a feast of movie-themed finger foods for her, Daddy and Auntie Holly --- stuffed button mushrooms (Benjamin Button), mini-meatloaf sandwiches (Frost/Nixon), samosas (Slumdog) and milkshakes (Milk) plus german chocolate brownies (The Reader)!! What a spread, although I was in bed as it was past my bedtime. And as a final signoff, Mummy wants me to tell you all that she won our home Oscar ballot - 15 out of 24 right (Daddy came in second with 13 correct, and then Auntie Holly with 11). Oh yeah, and Slumdog won!!! Yippee - and even my favourite dancing song Jai Ho won too - we'll be dancing to that today to celebrate! Have a great post-Oscar Monday everyone! Love to you all, red-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a superb Oscar fan and not even a year-old yet. I predict she may give her mom a run for her money on the Oscar pool in the coming years!
Post a Comment