Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kid's Museum of Civilization - Around the World Tour!

On Friday, we decided to escape the house and the snow and head to a really fun play place - the Kid's Museum of Civilization, where you get a passport and get to enjoy all sorts of activities "around the world".

First stop - India!!  Go figure ; )  We were right at home, driving the tuk-tuks/rickshaws.  Jackson, Daddy and I took turns, and Violet was our best passenger!




We also got to experience selling some vegetables at an African (we think!) vegetable market - Violet and I think we may have found our future careers.  Who could resist buying something from us?  Chachi was a great customer, buying our largest cauliflower.



Or perhaps we may be post office workers when we grow up - Mummy said both Violet and I did a great job of selling stamps, getting mail and sending off packages (and I particularly liked being my own boss!).


There was a huge boat, Moroccan tents and Dutch cheese and flower stands, plus an Indonesian house - lots of stuff to see.  We also liked just the traditional "North American" home reno project - Mummy got us practising on painting, we're pretty good....maybe we'll help with the kitchen project this spring, free labour, ha!


After the world tour, we had some lunch and then went out to the big play area - where we had the most fun of all!  Who needs expensive toys and set-ups, when all you need is a free balloon??!  Violet and I had so much fun with our yellow balloons.....plus there were some foam dominoes too, we built a house!




Finally, the end of our visit included some serious building time at the Arctic Lego Centre.  Violet and I are quite good at towers; Vila prefers the tallest and straightest, while I am a bit more of a thinker on my design. Perhaps architecture careers are in our futures?!  Who knows, but we're having fun testing everything out!



Look, Mummy's in a pic!!  She's usually our camera-woman, but she's always here too!  Hope you all had a fantastic playtime this holiday too.  Next up for us - SNOW time!  Love Audrey and Violet xoxo


No comments: