Mummy and Daddy also got some gifts for each other (a camera for Mummy and some nice clothes for Daddy!) plus Violet and I got them their most favourite present: custom coasters with our pictures, with a little help from our daycare!
After presents, we had a special Christmas morning breakfast of "Le Grands" Cinnamon buns, plus fruit salad and coffee. Mmmmm. Then, since we didn't have any family with us like last year, we got ready quick in our fancy dresses and headed out to Burlington to visit Nanny and Gramps! Aunt Holly and Uncle Guy were going to be there too. Here I am in my fancy purple Christmas dress by Nanny's tree.
We had more gifts at Nanny's (and lots of appetizers, yum.....smoked salmon (I love it!), cheese, shrimp, warm h'or deurves, cookies etc) Violet also had a fancy dress, so we were like twins! Here she is, with her "classic" Violet pout!
Gift time included gifts for the newest baby on the way ---- baby Leshinski, coming in April! Here is Guy with our gift for her - a Hudson's Bay sleeper and blanket, plus the "Everywhere Babies" book that was our favourite as babies.
As for us, Nanny bought Violet and I a "Baby Alive" walking dolly.....
Plus we got a wooden doll house, a trunk full of more princess dress up clothes, and a Dora figurine playset. I particularly loved playing with the little figurines on their playmat.
After snacks and gifts, it was picture time. Nanny and I posing by the snack table!
And here I am with Aunty Holly and Mummy (Violet was being a little pouty/shy of the camera that day, but I was quite happy to pose!)
Of course, one of the best parts of the day was dinner. Mummy loved having Nanny and Gramps do the dinner - it really is nice to have dinner made for you (she says....Violet and I are still learning how great that is, ha! I was a little grumpy at dinner below!)
Look at how delicious this looks - Nanny's best stuffing, with turkey carved with Gramp's electric nice, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and green beans, gravy and cranberry sauce. Yum!!!
Christmas is a time for memories, tradition and nostalgia too - so we took a photo of the table centrepiece, which is this wooden carousel that moves with the heat of the candles. Nanny must have had this for about 20 years, so Mummy and Aunty Holly remember it well. And we love it too!
After dinner, we did dessert (ice cream, mince meat pies, xmas pudding) and Xmas crackers - fun times pulling the crackers to get little toys and paper hats! Violet and I played a bit but then it was bedtime and time for the adults to play! They had their card tournament of "7 6 5".....a competitive game that Guy had fun learning but alas, not winning. Can't recall who won, but sounded like they had fun!!! Uncle Guy now knows about the crazy Procktor card tournaments!!
A great days was had by all and the fun of Christmas week is only just beginning.....off to Ottawa soon to see Grandma and Grandpa and Chachi and Chachu! Love Audrey and Violet xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment