| Seeing Santa, December 2011, Distillery District Xmas Market |
little wooden stalls, mulled wine (one of Mummy & Nanny's favorites!), cookies, chocolate-dipped bacon (yes, you heard right!) and so much more. It's the perfect place to get your Christmas on, hee hee.
For starters, we headed to the carousel. Violet and I both got on with Mummy & Daddy, sitting in the stationary cart so we could wave to Nanny and Gramps on each turn. You can see us all in that first pic, shot by Gramps as we were ZOOMING by.....action shot!! And then do you see him waving at us? Gramps and Nanny were running in the "off-limits" area to give us a wave - silly Nanny & Gramps, but just like true Procktors!
After that, we had to line up to see Santa of course. And with a bit of hot apple cider to keep us warm, it was an easy wait in the tree-lined path to Saint Nick. Violet was still a little scared, but I did pretty well this year! We're still not so certain about sitting on his lap without Mummy or Daddy, but I did tell him what I wanted for Xmas (Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin were the choice of the moment). Check our our AWESOME picture at the top of this post!
Up next was dinner-time......and Mummy's friend is opening an artisan grilled cheese restaurant, so we headed to his preview stall for a taste of ooey-gooey goodness! Mmmm, grilled cheese and potato chips, our favorites.
It was starting to get dark, so we took a pic by the tree (Vila was getting a little cranky),
and then listened to some carollers.....I was mesmerized, and sang right along.
What a great afternoon it was, and a great way to kick-off our Christmas Spirit! More to come on this crisp December weekend.....Ho Ho Ho To Everyone!
xoxo
Audrey & Violet

No comments:
Post a Comment