Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy First Birthday Violet!!!!!!!

Today was our BIG party for Violet! Our little Vila is almost 1 year old (officially, tomorrow at 1:19am!) Nanny and Gramps, Holly and Guy, and Grandma and Grandpa helped us celebrate today. The fun began after our naps......we got dressed in our outfits, and came downstairs to play a while......here's Violet enjoying her toys and smiling. THIS is our Vila!

Once everyone arrived, we had present time! I got a Dora balloon from Nanny and Gramps - I had fun pulling her around the house and making her go up and down!
And I LOVE present time, so I helped Violet as much as I could. See us below opening her gift from Mummy and Daddy? It was a Leap Frog Learning Table - and the best part is I can play with it too!

Nanny and Gramps gave Vila a beautiful handknit violet sweater (how appropriate!), and Aunt Holly have Violet a handmade stuffy number 1/giraffe toy! How nice to have such crafty and talented family.

Plus Guy gave her a Kinder egg ---- with a superman inside! I really liked that one too. And Grandma and Grandpa gave us some pretty pink bags with books and toys and a necklace for me - I love my jewellry! Here's Grandma giving Violet some birthday love....awww!
Dinnertime was Mummy's homemade baked ziti and chicken fingers - specially for me and Violet. We loved it - see Violet's face?? She definitely enjoyed it!
Dessert time was my favourite time - we finally got to have the chocolate cake I'd been talking about all weekend long! Here is the cake Mummy made - mmmmm, delish!

Sort of healthy too - apparently it has soy milk and prunes and whole wheat flour in it.....whatever it is made of, we all enjoyed it! See my cake face and clean plate......yummy yummy in my tummy as Gramps would say! Vila seemed to like it also - her first taste of cake, but I don't think it will be her last!

Finally, Mummy almost forgot to play the photo-montage of Violet's first year, but I loved watching it with her and Grandma and Grandpa (everyone else had just left!) It will be in her time capsule, along with her CD of songs, her diary list, and letters from the family.....18 years to re-open, that will be fun to see!

After such a fun afternoon of presents, pasta and cake, we were pooped for bedtime......so nighty nite everyone and enjoy the videos below of our dinnertime fun. See you tomorrow! And Happy Birthday again to my sister Violet - we all love you so much, you have made our family complete and it's been such an incredible year with many more to come. Big kisses and hugs to you Violet from everyone and especially your big sis, Audrey xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

alyssa said...

happy birthday violet! hard to believe you are already a year old. here's looking at another great year for you and audrey and your parents.