Today was a HUGE milestone......Violet had her first day of daycare with me! Mummy was a lot less nervous knowing that I would be there with Violet, but it still was a scary day. At first, Violet seemed happy this morning, and was smiling on the couch looking outside!
Violet then got really upset and started to twist and turn and cry. I tried to hold her hand and laugh with her, but she still kept squirming!
Then we left for Erin's house, and the day started! Mummy stayed with us for a little while, and when she left, Violet was being put down for her first nap, and I started to cry!!! All of Violet's tears had made me tear up! Mummy called later and Violet was still crying lots, and wouldn't eat or drink her bottle, but after her second nap, she had a much better afternoon!!! As for me, I was a bit of a whiny and crying sister today ---- I call it my "empathy" crying for my little sis because I care about her so much too!
In any case, when Daddy picked us up tonight, we were in a good mood. So day one is done, and the transition should start going easier. Violet, don't worry, we have lots of fun at daycare....and then we go home and have even more fun!!!! I'll take care of you and be your friend wherever you are ----- good job today Violet, and here's to tomorrow! Love Audrey xoxoxo
1 comment:
Sounds like a tough day but you all made it. Here's to better week as the girls (and parents) get adjusted.
Post a Comment